Role: ICT Support Engineer - 1st Line
Location: London and surrounding areas
Reporting to: Service Delivery Manager
We are looking for a proactive and passionate 1st Line Support Engineer with a strong customer focus.
Responsible for trouble-shooting and resolving customer technical issues. You will need to be a passionate customer advocate who possesses the right balance of intuition and resourcefulness to deliver a world-class customer experience.
Joskos is one of the UK’s fastest growing education technology businesses and esteemed winner of multiple ICT support awards. Our company prides itself on providing exceptional end to end ICT solutions fit for education businesses.
- Delivering frontline support to clients and will therefore be required to build rapport and have a friendly telephone manner. Technical support will be related to computer systems, hardware, or software.
- Responding to queries, running diagnostic programs, isolating problems and determining and implementing solutions
- Follow up with customers to ensure the issue has been resolved to high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Producing and reviewing technical reports / documents as required.
- Prioritising and managing assigned workload
- Exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers through the quality of customer service, meeting their needs and demonstrating the added value of the service provided
- Build key relationships with key technical contacts at client sites and third parties
- Escalation of Active Directory, Hardware, Backup and Windows Server issues to the relevant parties
- Technical support of a classroom environment, including interactive displays, printers workstations
- Basic understanding of virtualisation technologies
- Basic understanding of Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012
- Good understanding of Windows operating systems (Windows 7 & 8.1) and Microsoft Office suite
- Experience of backup technologies (hardware and software) and antivirus solutions
- Knowledge and some experience of rolling out new environments / technologies under supervision, including the production of appropriate technical documentation
- Able to understand a range of different customer environments
- Motivated, Time Management, Planning & Control
- Basic knowledge of virtualised server environments
- Familiarity of ITIL Service Management practices
- CompTIA A+, MCTS / MCSA
*Please note that if you are successful you will be required to satisfy pre-employment screening checks.
Joskos is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a DBS form in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.