Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Kentish Town
For almost fifteen years, Joskos Solutions has provided quality ICT services and support to schools. We only work within education, and place paramount importance on delivering ICT solutions that will enhance teaching and learning, for which Joskos has received multiple awards and accolades.
As a UK leader in school-based IT solutions, Joskos Solutions is experiencing continued growth and ongoing business expansion into new markets and territories. This growth has brought with it opportunities and fresh challenges. The company is financially sound, is privately owned and has enjoyed the rewards of a service-driven culture and phenomenal client loyalty - hence is well positioned to continue its double-digit year-on-year growth aspirations.
We are looking for an energetic, ambitious, influential and detail-orientated Financial Controller to head up and further develop the finance function of our fast-growing company from our London office. This role has the potential to develop into a Chief Financial Officer position.
Reporting to the Board/Managing Director, the Financial Controller will have full responsibility for the management and development of the finance strategy, systems, policies and processes, ensuring that all financial reporting and associated activities are achieved in an accurate and timely manner. This includes supporting non-financial managers to interpret results and forecast performance, meeting external audit deadlines and ensuring that the statutory and management accounts are produced in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Supervise the finance team to ensure all day to day accounting procedures, including credit management, are done accurately and following the accounting policies.
· Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
· Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
· Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements and production of commercial business plans, forecasts & reporting required by the MD.
· Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
· Direct and coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting required by the Group in order to provide comprehensive financial information.
· Research technical accounting issues for compliance
· Support month-end and year-end close process.
· Manage daily, weekly and monthly company cash flow.
· Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
· Manage and comply with government reporting requirements and tax filings.
· Manage payroll processing and PAYE, company insurance policies, subcontractor agreements and contracts.
· Identify continuous opportunities to improve internal reporting and analysis to enhance decision making.
· Challenge and evaluate all investment and capital project opportunities.
· Deliver costs & financial analysis covering all key areas
· Provision of analytical resource and data intelligence for all operational KPIs and other key business data.
This role would appeal to someone who wants to embrace the challenge of a growing organization. You will lead the Finance & Procurement team, being technically proficient and also capable of stepping out of the detail to look far enough in the future to remain ahead of the game.
Your role is critical to the business; you have to be strategic. You will need to ensure that controls and compliance are top of your list while providing insight and robust challenge to support decision-making adding value to the business.
Experience & Skills
· At least 3 years working at this level of seniority in a company with 6+ million turnover is required.
· Strong Commercial Finance background within an IT Serviced environment will be an advantage.
· Customer facing experience of working directly with customers and ICT staff, vendors and suppliers.
· Must have a hands-on work ethic and be able to work on a collaborative basis.
· Must be able to multi-task and manage time effectively.
· Robust business understanding and acumen.
· Communication skills are critical for this role: You will need to have an open dialogue with the board about management reporting and what will help them make better decisions. To be successful you will need to be able to explain the business story in numbers to help and support the decision-makers.
· Leadership skills, to mentor staff within the finance team in their ongoing career development.
· Strategic thinking in order to focus in creating value for the Business. You will need to work in partnership with the Senior Management to create a finance strategy that generates competitive advantage for the organization. To be successful you will need to act as business advisor and integrator.
Education, Certifications & Systems
· University degree Finance or Business related will be an advantage.
· Qualified Accountant is must. ACCA/CIMA with 3 - 4 years PQE.
· Extensive Systems knowledge like Autotask would be a plus.
· Good knowledge of Sage Accounts and Sage Payroll software’s is essential.
Please, if you are interested and feel that your experience, skills and qualifications match our requirements, apply for this position ASAP! We will start conducting the interviews from next week. You can also join us in LinkedIn at Joskos Solutions HR Team to be in touch in the future.
Or please submit your CV to HR@joskos.com