ICT Technical Engineer - 3rd Line - Projects
Location: London and surrounding areas
Reporting to: Head of Projects
Joskos Solutions is an established, successful, multiple-award winning IT service provider to UK the UK education sector. Based in Kentish Town, Camden, we are one of a select number of companies who are an Approved Supplier under the Department for Education’s ICT Services Framework as well as a Microsoft Gold Partner and Google For Work & Education Partner.
Joskos is a service provider that delivers end-to-end solutions to the education sector, including mobile learning solutions, server architecture, network infrastructure and more.
This is a great opportunity to join a fun, exciting, growing and service-focused business that is experiencing double digit year-on-year growth in the IT for education sector.
We are looking for an experienced technical Project Engineer to join an existing, successful and growing team.
The ideal candidate must be service focused, have great communication skills and have the technical skills and hunger to match. You must be confident in dealing with senior individuals as well as proactively managing all aspects in the delivery of a 3rd Line Technical role. If you are someone who enjoys a challenge, has excellent communication skills, responds well to pressure and wants to continually develop, grow and learn new technologies than this is potentially the perfect role for you.
The right candidate will have outstanding time management skills and a can-do, ownership/solution-focused approach.
- Working with the Project Manager you will be a technical lead and responsible for the technical scoping and successful delivery of projects within defined timescales & project objectives
- Successful delivery of multiple projects consisting of a variety of technologies and vendors
- Maintain technical project delivery schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities and resolving problems should they arise
- Working closely with the PM to oversee contractors and junior project engineers during project delivery lifecycle
- Conduct network surveys, assessments, documentation and reports – both pre and post-sale
- Reviewing and documenting key tasks and deliverables projects to enable project teams
- Experience of working within a Project Delivery team with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to configure and troubleshoot variety of Windows Server OSs: 2003 through 2012 R2
- Knowledge of deployment solutions such as WDS
- Excellent understanding of the virtualization concepts with working knowledge of VMware and Hyper-V, including highly-available clusters
- Proven ability to create highly-resilient SANs using iSCSI
- Ability to configure VLANs, ACLs, STP and SNMP
- Experience with Firewalls and Web filtering products
- Driving licence
- Experience with Apple OSX and/or Google networks
- The ideal candidate will be Microsoft Certified and will have scoped and delivered projects alongside the Prince2 methodology.
*Please note that if you are successful you will be required to satisfy pre-employment screening checks.
Joskos is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a DBS form in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.