Role: ICT Technical Engineer - 2nd Line
Location: London and surrounding areas
Reporting to: Service Delivery Manager
We are looking for a proactive and passionate ICT Support Engineer with a strong customer focus. You will be joining an exciting team where you will have high levels of ownership and enjoy a culture of supportiveness and co-operation. You will be receiving circa £3,500 of training during the first year as part of your salary and benefits package.
Joskos is one of the UK’s fastest growing education technology businesses and esteemed winner of multiple ICT support awards. Our company prides itself on providing exceptional end to end ICT solutions fit for education businesses.
- Provide 2nd Line Technical Support for a wide range of software, hardware and services in school ICT environments
- Visiting supported sites to proactively manage IT services and school expectations
- Remote management and maintenance of client network environments
- Working with Joskos’ project teams on network deployment work and Implementations
- Deliver outstanding support services to Joskos’ supported schools
- Excellent client-facing skills and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to build and manage customer relationships
- Able to configure and manage network infrastructure services such as DNS and DHCP
- Good knowledge and/or experience with 2003 & 2008 Server – Knowledge of Server 2012 would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience with desktop operating systems from Windows XP to Windows 8.1
- DBS (ex-CRB) cleared
- Must be willing to travel to UK wide client sites when necessary
- Experience in Virtualisation technologies (HyperV, VMware)
- Experience in supporting a school network environment
- Passionate about technology
- Build key relationships with key technical contacts at client sites and third parties
- Self-Motivated, Accountable
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management, Planning & Control
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, coupled with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Excellent communicator
- UK Driving Licence
Please note that if you are successful you will be required to satisfy pre-employment screening checks.
Joskos is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a DBS form in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.